Sunday, December 15, 2013

DIY Almond-Brown Sugar Lip and Hand Scrub


I think it was two years ago that I first heard of a "lip scrub" and I totally passed it off as unnecessary. Scrub my lips, um, for what reason? I can barely get myself to wash my face, forget I said that... Well, fast forward to now, this winter my lips are chapped as ever (and no, not for that reason, get your mind out of the gutter!)! Since, we are getting around the holidays, many DIYs have been floating around the interwebs and I keep seeing DIY lip scrubs among other beauty products. Finally, I got off my lazy bum and made one!


I didn't have high expectations for this scrub, but BOY OH BOY do I love it! Now I get giddy when I go to use my lip scrub! You scrub away all your dry skin, and then when you rinse it off with warm water the scrub melts into your skin and feels all buttery and smooth (my favorite part)! Not only does it make your lips super soft, but it tastes kind of good...inevitably some will get in your mouth! Not only can this be a lip scrub, but I decided to try it out on my hands and it was wonderful! After using the scrub just make sure to MOISTURIZE! 
Mix up a bigger batch, put it in cute containers, slap a ribbon on them and you have got yourself a sweet life present for anyone on your list! 



DIY Almond-Brown Sugar Lip and Hand Scrub 
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Almond Oil (Or Olive Oil)

Directions:
1. Combine almond oil and brown sugar, stir until thoroughly combined.
2. To use, place dime sized amount of scrub on finger and gently scrub lips for 15-30 seconds. Rinse lips off with warm water. Be sure to moisturize with lip balm afterwards. For hands, moisten hands with warm water, scrub hands with a quarter sized amounts for 30-60 seconds, and rinse off with warm water. Follow up with a moisturizing lotion!

Obviously, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients DO NOT USE this scrub! 

No comments:

Post a Comment