1. Happy New Year! Can you believe it is 2013?! I originally wrote the wrong date for this post! Oops! With a new year comes new resolutions, I have some in mind, but I have not yet acted on them...yet. Of course my resolutions are the usual get in shape, eat better, and live a better life. These days I barely exercise, and occasionally I eat vegetables, but that is a very rare occasion. Maybe if I share my resolutions with you, I will actually keep them! I sure hope so, I really want to get in shape, it has been on my mind a lot recently. So, don't be surprised if I begin to share some healthier recipes! None of this is guaranteed, but we shall what the future brings! What are your resolutions for the new year?
2. Does anyone have a TON of Christmas baking supplies that they haven't used yet? Me me me, I do! I have Andes baking chunks, M&M baking bits, all kinds of Christmas sprinkles, and even a brand new spritz cookie press! Almost all of them remain untouched, there are even Christmas cookie cutters that I NEVER used this year! Please tell me I am not the only one with this problem, and if I am just lie to me so I don't feel weird. Any ideas for how I can use these goodies up without being too "holidayish"? Or maybe I will just continue the holiday until I finish them off!
3. There are 4 or so days until things will be a changin', changin'! I hope you like them! I want to hear any and all feedback, even if it hurts my feelings. Then I will just make some cookies to make me feel better.
4. This week I received a wonderful gift from a close friend! She gifted me the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook! I have been eagerly reading the recipes and making lists of the goodies I want to make from it! It not only is an awesome cookbook, but it would make a great coffee table book, the pictures are GORGEOUS, case-in-point below!
- Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins By Sally's Baking Addiction Told you I wanted to try some "healthier" recipes. These are healthy....they have fruit and chocolate just for kicks!
- Trail Mix Balls By EatLiveRun Another healthy recipe. Just recently I have become fascinated with quinoa! I have only tried it in savory recipes, but I really want to try breakfast quinoa! I will be sure to let you know how it is!
- Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce by Pennies on a Platter Coconut is one of my favorite ingredients for baking! I love the crispy coating on coconut shrimp, but I am not so much a fan of the shrimp. The crispy coating + chicken sounds like something I will be fan of!
- Crack Pie by Almost Bourdain Have you heard of Crack Pie? I just discovered it this week! One day I want to go to NYC and try it from Momofuku Milk Bar!
Finally, have a great weekend and try to keep warm! This cold spell is crazy, remember to keep your pets warm too!