Friday, July 5, 2013

White Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes



Yeah, yeah I know Fourth of July was yesterday, but I only made these yesterday because my first batch was a fail! and I figured by the time I would have posted the recipe I figured you should have either found your recipes or you were already barbecuing it up! Also I myself wanted to pool it up and get my tan on! Well as tan as I can get with my Irish skin! Seriously, does anyone know how I can get tanner? And safely? 


I also figured that these cupcakes were not only for the Fourth and could be made anytime of the year so it didn't matter when I posted the recipe! And some of you may be lucky enough to have other parties this weekend!
Anyhoo but now I have 65 more patriotic cupcake liners and a ton of red, white and blue sprinkles. Whatever my problem, not yours so on with the cupcakes!



White Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cake:
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
¾ Cup Sugar
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Large Egg
¼ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
¾ Teaspoon Coconut Extract (or almond, or vanilla)
½ Cup Unsalted Butter
½ Cup Water

Directions for Cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees, and line muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick spray.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add in the egg, yogurt, and extract, mix with stand mixer or handheld mixer until combined. It may look kind of crumbly when mixed.
  3. Bring to a boil the butter and water in a small saucepan. After mixture has boiled, and continues to boil once removed from heat, slowly pour into thickened batter while mixing on low. Increase mixing speed until batter is smooth. Once smooth stop mixing. 
  4. Using a large cookie dough scoop, divide batter equally amongst muffin pan (I was able to get 10 cupcakes). Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place cupcakes on wire rack to cool almost completely and then glaze.

Ingredients for Glaze:
¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
2 and ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions for Glaze
  1. In a small saucepan, bring the milk and butter just to a boil. Once it has just boiled, immediately remove from heat. 
  2. Whisk boiling mixture into powdered sugar and extract.
  3. Let the glaze cool slightly to thicken. Then drizzle or spoon glaze over slightly warm cupcakes. You may need to gently shake the cupcakes side to side in order to spread the glaze.


Recipe Adapted from The Taste Tester 

No comments:

Post a Comment