Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies

When I think of chips (I am talking about chips as in chocolate chips, not those greasy, but oh so delicious potato chips) I usually only think of chocolate chips, but little did I know there were cinnamon chips! In the future I hope to use them to make scones!
Now I was ecstatic to discover cinnamon chips because I love to add a dash of cinnamon to most recipes, including banana bread, cookies and muffins, even if it is not called for in the original recipe. You could call cinnamon my secret go to spice when I need that extra BAM as Emeril says!
I decided to ease my way into the land of cinnamon chips by beginning with Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookie Recipe on the back of the bag! Of course I adapted it to my likings and here is what I came up with!


Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies


Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar packed
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 and 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
10 oz. package of HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips


Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer cream together the white sugar, brown sugar and butter. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour and baking soda, then stir in the oats and cinnamon chips. Drop dough by the large cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Then use plastic wrap to flatten the dough for even cooking. Bake for about 13 minutes, cool for two minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe adapted from HERSHEY'S

Hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do!!
Also please "like" the new MollyCakes Facebook Page at MollyCakesBakes Facebook!
Enjoy!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment