Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sugar and Chai Spice Cookies Makes Everything Nice

I love chai lattes whether they are hot or cold. So, you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon a recipe for chai spice cookies on the blog called mybakingaddiction! Immediately I bookmarked the recipe, and finally decided to use it while baking with a friend before she went away for a month. I have since made the cookies again and they were awesome! Not only do these taste delicious, but they make your kitchen house smell AMAZING!
The recipe calls for cardamom, which I had been wanting to buy for a long while, but just could not bring myself to because of the fourteen dollar price at my grocery store. One day I discovered that Target had cardamom for only eight dollars, again you can imagine my excitement!!!
I won't keep you waiting any longer because I know you can't wait to dig into these scrumptious cookies!!


Chai Spice Cookies 
Ingredients: 
2 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 and 3/4 cups of sugar
3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon of finely ground black pepper
1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 egg
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl, set aside for later. In a small bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cardamom, and black pepper. Save just under 1/4 cup of the sugar and spice mixture to roll the cookies in before baking. Using an electric mixer cream the butter and remaining sugar and spice mixture for 3 minutes. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture until the dough has just combined. Roll dough into balls the size of two teaspoons, then roll dough in sugar and spice mixture. Transfer onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, let the cookies cool for two minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe Originally from My Baking Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment