Thursday, April 18, 2013

Peanut Butter Cherry Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Bars


Peanut butter is one of my favorite things to eat. You too? If not, I don't think we can be friends (is that the right term for me writing crazy stories and telling them to people I have never met) anymore, unless of course you are allergic then I totally get it. I would give up peanut butter in exchange for not having anaphylaxis. I am allergic to dust mites and I am all for avoiding them, but I am totally lazy and do not clean nearly enough.


Adding on to my laziness these bars couldn't be easier and tastier. These bars make a tasty breakfast or a delicious post-work out snack. I wouldn't know about them for post-workout seeing as I am lazy and barely workout, but I imagine they would be great after a workout. Now that I feel terrible because you know the true extent of my laziness...I will get on with the recipe.



Peanut Butter Cherry Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Bars
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Sugar in the Raw
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Dried Cherries

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 glass or nonstick baking dish.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the peanut butter and sugar until it becomes lightly colored and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
3. Gradually mix in the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda on medium speed. The batter will be thick and clumpy. Slowly and steadily drizzle in the milk until a dough forms.
4. On low speed mix in the chocolate chips and dried cherries. Knead the dough with your hands a few times to make sure it is evenly combined.
5. Spread and press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown and set. Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan, then cut into squares.

Click Here for Printable Recipe
Recipe Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

P.S. These photos are from months ago, so sorry for the poor quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment