Sunday, April 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Reese's Surprise Cookies

The day after Easter I hit my local CVS for some discounted Easter candy! And I know I am not the only one who did! On my list were the large Reese's Eggs, Nestle Crunch Eggs, and Reese's Mini Eggs! The only candy I could not find was the larger Reese's Eggs, bummer, but that is okay because I can now enjoy more of these peanut butter cookies!

"Nested" inside each cookie is a mini Reese's Egg! Now if you have not gotten some Reese's Mini Eggs, hit the minimize button and go run and get some before they are gone! I will be patiently waiting here for you while I hum the Jeopardy theme song. Doo-Dee-Doo-Da-Doo-Dee-Dun-Dun-Nana (<--i inclined="" musically="" never="" p="" was="">
Did you go get some eggs? If not, you will be extremely sad because you will not be able to "nest" little -bitty eggs inside your cookies! I am sure they taste just fine without them. 
Guess what?! I made it through Lent without Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...except for that one hiccup! Guess I will have to go to confession.
Oh and there is no flour in these cookies!
Okay, I will stop with the add ons!

Peanut Butter Reese's Surprise Cookies 
Click Here for Printable Recipe
Ingredients: 
Reese's Mini Eggs (or peanut butter cups if not in the Easter season)
2 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter (NOT natural, or one that requires stirring)
2 Cups of Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
Sanding Sugar
Directions:
1. Unwrap all of the Reese's mini eggs, then place them in the freezer while you make the dough.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 375 F and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Beat together the peanut butter, sugar, eggs and baking soda until smooth.
4. Use a small cookie dough scoop to form dough balls. Then shove an egg in and roll it in your hands until the egg is completely sealed within the dough. Then roll the dough balls in sanding sugar and place on prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and let cool on pans for five minutes. Then let cool completely on wire rack.

Recipe from Bake at 350

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who hit CVS the day after Easter for leftover candy! Our secret is out! : )

    These cookies look delicious!!!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many more than you think hit the after holiday candy sales! I did so well at Target after Valentine's day! Cookie jar for 7 bucks? Nordic Ware Cookie pan for 6 bucks? I'll take it!!!
    Honestly, if it weren't frowned upon I would just wait until after the holiday to buy candy for people. :)

    Thank you, I would highly recommend the recipe!
    x
    M

    ReplyDelete