Thursday, July 26, 2012

S'mores Brownie Bites

I AM SO SORRY that this post has taken me so long, in the middle of preparing to post something my power went out because of lightning! So that kind of threw off my mojo, but now I am back with a slew of recipes to post! First up is S'mores Brownie Bites

Seeing as it is summer, I have become obsessed with S’mores!  I have gaped, and gawked at completely homemade s’mores, s’mores bars, s’mores cookies and even s’mores cupcakes. I decided to combine all of these fabulous s’mores ideas into one delicious treat. So, I made S’mores brownies in muffin tins as an ode to s’mores cupcakes.  While I did not try it, I am sure you could make this recipe as traditional bar brownies.
These are supreme brownies. I used a slightly adapted form of the Nestle Toll House Double Chocolate brownies (found on the back of the Semi-Sweet chocolate chip bag) and added a bit of MollyCakes Magic in the form of fluff and ground up graham crackers!
For the first batch, I plopped one large cookie scooper of brownie mix into the muffin pan and then put a teaspoon of fluff on top sprinkled with graham crackers. While the first batch tasted good, they caved in, so for the second batch I used a mini cookie scooper and put two scoops of brownie into each muffin cup, then I put the teaspoon of fluff and a sprinkle of graham cracker. Finally, I put one more plop of brownie batter on top. The second batch turned out way more visually appealing!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did and my parents (again they got to them before I could photograph a large batch in fact before I was able to photograph any)! So hopefully the ingredients will be enough to entice you!
Ingredients: 
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter 
3 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/4 tsp baking soda 
4 graham crackers crushed until powdery
Marshmallow Fluff 
Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Then melt one cup of the chocolate chips and butter (either in microwave or on stovetop), until smooth and creamy. Away from heat, mix the eggs in the chocolate mixture, then mix in the flour, sugar, vanilla extract and baking soda. Stir in the other cup of chocolate chips. Scoop about two teaspoons of brownie batter into each muffin cup, then plop one teaspoon of fluff on top and sprinkle with graham crack powder. Finally then put on more teaspoon of brownie batter on top. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until brownies don't indent when poked or a skewer comes out clean. 

Recipe originally found on back of the Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Bag
Hope you enjoy!!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment