Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Coconut Oil Brownies



I LOVE brownies, well I love a lot of things, but brownies hold a special place in my heart. Chewy brownies are my favorite, oh and corner pieces all the way! Once the corners are gone I can settle for an edge piece, and when those are gone I will take a center piece warmed with ice cream on top! 


Okay, now I totally want a warm brownie with ice cream on top....but per usual these brownies no longer exist. They have already been consumed and here I am left to rummage through the cupboards in search of the non-existent sweetness that I want in my belly. That was a weird sentence, forget I even uttered it. 
Back to the brownies, these are extremely rich and dense because of the coconut oil. And because they have coconut oil, I with my "expert nutritional expertise" consider these healthy and may be eaten for breakfast. Awesome there you go! Now make these you will love them! I did! 




Coconut Oil Brownies
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
1 and 1/2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl add coconut oil, sugar, flour, cocoa and eggs. Stir until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, bake 25-35 minutes depending on the size of your baking dish (shorter time for the 9x9). Let brownies cool completely before cutting.

Recipe by Bakelette Adapted from Persnickety Plates
Printable Recipe Here

8 comments:

  1. I love brownies!! You're like my husband - he always steals all the corner pieces :) These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut ANYTHING and I'm sure the oil is great in these brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! And I am obsessed with coconut! While I didn't fully taste the coconut, someone who tried these tasted it a lot! The amount of coconut flavor will depend on what brand and what you are used to in terms of flavor, for me I tend to over do it with flavor and not notice the subtleties.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm... looks good! And I just bought a litre of coconut oil. :)
    I do think that there is a lot of sugar in the recipe though. :s Is that an American thing?? I see so many recipes that have a ton of sugar in them and I always take out at least 1/3 of the sugar in a new recipe. I think this recipe would be just fine with only half the sugar. Will try soon and let you know how it was. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Litre?! I wish they sold that much here in the US!
      And yes tons of sugar is an American thing, I think that is why we are the most obese nation....such an honor, NOT.
      As for the amount of sugar, I would start with 1 and 1/2 or 1 and 1/4 cups then go from there.
      I would love to hear how the reduced sugar goes! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! =) I need to re-shoot mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for the great recipe! I need to make them again ASAP!!

      Delete