Friday, March 15, 2013

The Weekly Scoop 3/15/13

Haven't done one of these in a long while...here goes! Let's get right into it! 


1. So recently I made cookies and I even bought special and slightly expensive sprinkles for them, and I am really disappointed with the results. Can anyone say over priced food fail? Oh, and about two weeks ago I had another food fail, but this time it was an epic and expensive food fail. I made homemade Nutella, I even roasted and shelled all of the hazelnuts. I also bought a really pretty jar just for photographing the results. I guess you could say I was really excited about this project! Well, my fancy jar decided it hated me and decided to fly out of my hand with my prized homemade Nutella inside go splat on the floor, shattering the jar. I still am upset. Have you had any food fails that were expensive, or that still bother you to this day?

2. You may have noticed some big changes 'round these parts lately. The new layout comes courtesy of a giveaway from Sealed With A Kissed via Travel Babbles! I have entered countless blog giveaways and to have finally won one, I was beyond excited! Also I added Ads, I am sorry to do this to you, but girl has got to do what her bank account tells her to do! I hope they are not too intrusive. What are your thoughts on the new changes?

3. Normally I don't go for blue nail polish and if I do, very soon after I am itching to get it off! So, I was hesitant to buy another little bottle of blue lacquer, but I caved. I bought "Pacific Blue" and I am digging it! It has been 24 hours so far...we shall see how long it lasts. I usually favor pinks and more neutral beiges for my nails, but I like to mix it up sometimes. What are your favorite nail polishes? Got any colors I should try?


4. Last weekend I picked up some Girl Scout cookies, and I decided to try some of the new flavors. I bought a box of the Dulce de Leche and the Savannah Smiles. Now I am going to be brutally honest, I did not really like either of them. The Savannah Smiles had a very synthetic lemon taste that I did not find at all palatable. They were also very tart, but not tart in a good way. While I initially did not like the Dulce de Leche cookies, I kept finding my hand reaching into the box for more! They were very sweet and crunchy. I felt as though I had tasted a very similar cookie before, but I can't remember from what.... Anyhoo I will be sticking with good ol' Thin mints, frozen of course!

5. Yesterday was Pi day and in my head I had great aspirations to make an incredible pie. Surprise, surprise you know who didn't pull through for you. While I did not get to make you a fancy schmancy pie, I did make "pie fries". A long time ago I had seen the idea on Pinterest, so I saw it, then I pinned it, and then I did it! And here is another surprise (not), the pie fries were all eaten before I got to photograph them. To make your own pie fries all you do is cut a pre-made pie crust in to thin strips, then brush the strips with milk, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes. Then serve with pie filling, jam or lemon curd.
Now the award for worst blogger ever goes to...me!

6. Have you done anything exciting lately? I recently went to New York City and saw Wicked! It was AMAZING, I loved EVERY moment of it! I would highly recommend you see it! Also I will have to share my NYC eats in a post! I visited some fabulous bakeries and my first ever french restaurant! Wish I could be back there, sigh.

7. Here are my bookmarks of late:


No comments:

Post a Comment