Okay, so lets try this "weekly scoop" again!
1. If you haven't already, check out my post about my trip to King Arthur Flour! Super fun and super sugar filled! So much sugar that I should probably have done a detox or juice cleanse. But I haven't, surprised much? I hope not at all.
2. What are you making for Memorial Day? I know I have to make something for a party I plan on going to, but I am having a really tough time deciding. I know it will be something sweet, any ideas?
|Do you spy the security guard?|
4. I finally saw Silver Linings Playbook! Loved it! Then I wasted my time watching Young Adult, I thought it was supposed to be funny...nope it was kind of sad actually. I don't want to end up like Mavis. I also started watching Parks and Rec, it is so gosh darn funny! It always gives me a fit of the giggles (see below)! And I kind of want to marry Aziz Ansari/ Tom Haverford. Next on my movie list is Hunger Games, but I have to admit I have been really hesitant to watch it because I am totally going to cry and I hate crying at movies. BUT I totally teared up at the end of Silver Linings Playbook, happy tears though! So it's all good. What have you been watching lately? Anything good that I should be watching?
5. Please read this article. Do you find it funny? Please let me know, I just need to validate my thoughts about it. Thanks. By the way not looking forward to the cicada invasion.
6. Some of my favorite recent Pins and bookmarks:
- Homemade BBQ Sweet Potato Chips by How Sweet It Is Crunchy chips are a favorite of mine, but I try to only eat them on rare occasions. I used to be addicted to those sour cream and onion chips, and I don't even eat onions. Delicious, crispy and fresh chips!
- Strawberry Peach Jam by Chef-In-Training Can't wait for peach season! I love going fruit picking! The strawberries should be ready soon!
- Buttermilk and Honey Biscuits by Heather Christo I absolutely love biscuits, I sometimes wonder whether I was meant to be born in the south based on my love of biscuits and how often I find myself saying y'all. And I love Southern Living magazine!! (I am such a southern poser, haha!)
- Buttery Coconut & Almond Morning Buns by Willow Bird Baking Did you read the title? Enough said.
- Heirloom Apple Rolls by Oh Sweet Basil The recipe is supposedly over 200 years old. Must be good if it has lasted that long.
7. I love to laugh, and I have a really lame sense of humor. You know that kid in your class that used to laugh at the teacher's horrible jokes, like they were trying to be the teacher's pet? Well, I am THAT kid, but let me tell you we are not trying to suck up, honestly we just have really lame and dry senses of humor. So this is only appropriate.
Have a good weekend! Have a safe Memorial Day! Let me know about your celebrations and noshings!