Sunday, June 16, 2013

Orange Creamsicle Dress


Walking the plank. 
 My recent "postless" span lasted much longer than expected, but I hadn't even planned to be "postless" to begin with. I recently woke up early one morning and made two recipes, but neither were up to par. I had been counting on at least one of those as being a success and I was going to post it, but they were kind of gross. I tried to make a honey wheat bread that I had had a restaurant and I also tried to make honey cookies because I have this huge jar of honey. Well I used up a lot of honey, but it was all for naught. In this time I also made banana cupcakes, but never got around to frosting and photographing them. There were also some really dry cookies that had good flavor, they just need a little work, then I will be sharing those! Also in this time I make 150 something sugar cookies! And worked with royal icing! Needless to say its not like I wasn't in the kitchen, in fact I was in the kitchen a lot! Anyhoo, enough excuses and on with the outfit post.

Obsessed with this bag. 
I received positive feedback on my last outfit so I thought I would do it again. It just took me a little while to put together a presentable outfit and photograph it! 
While maxi dresses have been a big summer trend the past few years, I have not gone near them until this year! I have no idea why because they are so comfy and often look effortless! Now these photos may not showcase either of those attributes, but the lighting wasn't very helpful! Oh, and please excuse my lion king mane hair, humidity hates me! 

Can someone please teach me how to pose for fashion blogging photos?
I need A LOT of help. 
Dress by Calvin Klein from Marshalls
Shoes from Target 

I'll be back soon with a recipe! Thank you for your patience and please enjoy the crappy elevator music while you wait! 


11 comments:

  1. Adorable! I seriously live in maxi dresses during the summer...they're just so comfortable and cute at the same time...win win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And a total win-win! Some people like them because you don't have to shave your legs, but I don't go that far!

      Delete
  2. I love this dress! Looks great on you and the color is beautiful.

    PS: Your poses are uniquely different :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I think you are right about the poses! Haha! Too funny!

      Delete
  3. Can I please have your bag and dress and even the cool log you're standing on? Seriously, you can't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Log sold separately plus shipping and handling

      Kidding...

      Thank you! You are too sweet because I don't know about adorable! Haha! More like awkward!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I have TONS left! Thank you for the recommendation! I will have to try it, but I might need to get over my yeast phobia first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress Molly! And LOL at the whole blogger-posing thing. I am seriously the worst. I think that is why I do this goofy smile in every pic. I am sooooo not a model. I think you do a pretty great job here though! :)
    xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding me?! I LOVE your pictures, I wish I had brick walls and fences to lean against! I love your goofy smile! Maybe I should lighten up in my pictures? And thanks so much!
      xx

      Delete
  6. looks like a perfect summer outfit to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think so too! Can't wait to wear it to the beach!!

      Delete