I remember the first time I ever made chocolate crackles, I was in Florida at my grandparent's condo. I had seen the recipe in a magazine on the flight down. I have this "tradition" that when I fly, I always buy a few magazines for the flight. And I remember
I am pretty sure the recipe I used the first time I made chocolate crackles used oil and my mom was all about how these would be great because they didn't have too much fat. She really wanted me to make these and well I did. Years, later I don't know where that original recipe is, but I have created my own! Unfortunatley fortunately, they are made with butter!
½ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ Cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 Large egg
¼ teaspoon mint extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ Cup flour
¼ Cup cocoa powder
¼ Cup milk
Powdered sugar for rolling
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter at 30-second intervals, about 2-3 times. Stir in sugar. Then stir in sugar and mint extract.
2. Gently stir in baking powder, salt, flour, and cocoa powder. Mix in milk.
3. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 to 2 hours.
4. When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
5. Scoop cookie dough with a small cookie dough scoop. Shape dough into a ball, roll in powdered sugar and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets.
Recipe By Molly
Print Recipe Here