This recipe makes a delightful complement to your breakfast or brunch, and will not have you stressing about whether or not it is too difficult to pull off! It is "easy peasy lemon squeezy"!
Do you have any go-to ingredients that you seem to put in EVERYTHING? For my mom it is cinnamon, she puts it in all sorts of things. I really like to use vanilla!
Blueberry Boy Bait
Ingredients For Cake:
- 1 Cup plus one TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup plus two TBS cake flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 Cup skim milk
- 2/3 Cup Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Fresh of Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 TBS sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the cake flour, 1 cup of the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set this aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugars until light and airy. Beat in the eggs, make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is incorporated. In a separate bowl mix together the yogurt and milk.
- Reduce speed and alternate mixing in the milk/yogurt mixture and the flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl stir the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour. Then gently mix the blueberries into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepare pan. Then sprinkle the blueberries and cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until cake bounce back when poked, and/or a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then transfer with the topping side up to a serving dish (I just left it in the pan overnight until picture time!).
- Wait for your bait to lure the boys! Or you can eat half before you can even take pictures...
Recipe Adapted From Smitten Kitchen