Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Tate's" Chocolate Cookies

Most everyone knows and loves Tate's Chocolate Chip cookies, while I enjoy Tate's I am not as enthralled with them as some people.  Don't get me wrong, they have yummy taste but to me they lack  an authentic homemade taste, rather they possess an artificial essence of butter. So, I sought to make a truly homemade version of the infamous Tate's cookies! The recipe I found is delectable and definitely has a homemade taste!

These are some spectacular chocolate chip cookies, but they were lacking Tate's signature crunchy crispiness. When baked up, this recipe did not spread as much I had anticipated them to. This spreading of the dough during baking is what gives Tates their crunch. For what they lack in crunch, these cookies make up for in taste! Tastes found in these cookies include smooth mini chocolate bits and warm notes of vanilla.

These cookies make a great addition to your ice cream, I may or may not be enjoying that very treat as I write this! I even made an ice cream sandwich with them and it was to die for!

So, are you a Tates fan? or are you like me and enjoy them, but would prefer a more authentic version? Have you developed a homemade version of Tates? If so I would love to try it!

Enjoy!
MollyCakes

"Tate's" Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients: 
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 C  (2 sticks) butter, one salted the other unsalted, softened
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1 tsp water
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
2 C (12oz) mini chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F, and line baking sheets with parchment. 
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. 
  3. WIth a handheld or electric mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars. 
  4. Add to the butter-sugar mixture, the water vanilla and eggs. 
  5. On low mix in the flour mixture. Gently mix or fold in the chocolate chips.
  6. Drop the dough by about 1 tsp onto baking sheets. 
  7. Bake for 10 minutes, rotate sheets half way through. 
  8. Cool for a minute or two on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks. 

Original Recipe Source GOOP

No comments:

Post a Comment