Now as usual, I wish I had more pictures to share, but they were gobbled up before I could take more. Take that however you like, but I think you should take as a testament to how amazingly tangy, zippy and delicious these cookies are! And you should make them for Christmas immediately seeing as we only have six more days until Christmas! Six more days until Christmas, hmmm that means only one day until my birthday, YIPPEE! Sorry for my self-absorbed tangent, but with my birthday so close to Christmas, I totally get jipped and need to treat myself otherwise! :)
Ginger Molasses Cookies
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, line baking sheets with parchment.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set this mixture aside.
3. Cream together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and molasses until well combined.
4. Slowly add in the flour mixture to the creamed butter, mixing until just combined.
5. Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets using a large cookie scoop. Press the dough down using saran wrap and the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 12 minutes (bake longer for a crisper cookie), let cool on pan for a couple minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Adapted from Table for Two